Saturday, April 19, 2008

Busy mom makes time to exercise

Before the arrival of my youngest daughter, I pretty much had it made. Big Sister started preschool last year, attending three mornings each week, which gave me free time to do whatever I wanted. To fill my time, I joined a Jazzercise class. For those who haven't done Jazzercise before, it's basically a combination of aerobics, dance, and Pilates. The classes are taught by highly qualified instructors who promise to give you a great workout. When I moved to Illinois, I was bummed to find out that there is no Jazzercise in my area. Instead, I have recently joined a Hatha yoga class where I am learning new postures, stretches, and breathing techniques. Yoga is a vast difference from Jazzercise, not easier, just different.

5 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ugh! I wish I could make myself "make time" for exercise! I need one of those celebrity trainers to come to my home!! Nah! I still wouldn't do it! LOL

Michelle said...

Good for you. I rarely find time to fit in exercise. It is something a busy mom should not skip!

Alex Elliot said...

Good for you! I've switched around my exercise routine quite a few times since becoming a mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh I do need tyo exercise, ands can't get out yet. But I love the few yoga classes I have had!

Anonymous said...

I've got some more tips on how to fit in exercise - as well as other tips to help you on your journey to lose weight (from my experiences). Check out http://chubbygirljourney.blogspot.com