Friday, January 18, 2008

Spend Your Sunday Nights With Jane Austin


Jane Austin is without question one of my all-time favorite authors. Her flowery writing and vivid character descriptions captivate my heart. Who could forget the broody Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice or the enchanting Captain Wentworth from Persuasion? A romantic at heart, I am completed hooked! Beginning this month, PBS will air "The Complete Jane Austin" through Masterpiece Theatre, bringing us those classic movies we love to watch over and over. Tune in on Sunday night at 9 p.m. for these delicious movies:

- Emma

- Mansfield Park

- Northanger Abbey

- Persuasion

- Pride and Prejudice

- Sense and Sensibility

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh! I am so bummed I work on Sundays!

KrayonKel said...

I really should read one of her books. I never have; isn't that crazy?

I bet I would love it.

Anonymous said...

I did not know about this! How exciting! Jane Austen is also a favorite of mine. I will definitely be tuning in!

Thanks!!! :)

RamblingMother said...

I love Jane Austin. I have read all the books several times.

Beverly

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Second shot at posting. This time I will watch my spelling.

Ohhh thank you! I will be looking for this. I have read many classic authors and Jane A is one i have not read, although Jane Austin is among my TLC's favorite writer's. I will at least tune and see this series.

January 22, 2008 6:54 PM

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

I give up! I am so distracted when I type and I made errors even after removing and retyping my post. Trying to catch up during Miss Jing's nap time:), is what I will blame it on :)! You have several posts here I want to read. Madeline is such a darling book, and then there is the post about you, and the birthday. I will be back! Sorry I have not visited for awhile. Life is sooo busy!