Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Favorite Things


Following the lead of my beautiful daughters, I have decided to share a list of things I adore and don't particularly care for these days. Here they are:

Ashley's Favorites

1. Starbuck's hot chocolate with a pump of peppermint
2. M&M peanuts
3. Waking up in the morning before my kids
4. Spring, Summer, and Fall (hate winter)
5. Curling up with a good book
6. Going to the movies
7. Shopping
8. Getting a massage
9. Blogging
10. My kids

Things I Don't Like:

1) Aggressive drivers
2) Being late
3) When our home is a mess
4) Potty training (necessary, but not fun!)
5) The dark days of winter
6) When people ask me if my daughters are "real sisters"
7) Snakes, lizards, mice
8) Extreme temperatures
9) Kids who try to cut ahead of mine in line
10)When my kids are whining or fighting

3 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i enjoyed all three of the "favorites" lists. (i may have to do the same thing.) you and your daughters are so blessed to have one another!

Anonymous said...

I love these lists. I wish I had lists like this for each year of mothering. How these things would change for my kids and me would cand remain the same would be fascinating to see. Just reading the lists makes me ache for my children to all be little once again. I want to pay attention to every detail!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I get annoyed with that "real sister" question too. I just answer, Yes. And they say, "Well, you know what I mean" and I say, "Yes, they are real sisters". And then they will say but you said they are only six weeks apart and then I just repeat myself, "They are real sisters and I am their Mother".

I am terrified of mice and praying we don't have any in our new home in Mexico! Yikes!