Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Love's Journey

A few days ago, I finally received my copy of Love's Journey 2: The Red Thread, a lovely book chock full of stories, poems, letters, photos and drawings from adoptive parents. The book which can be purchased at http://www.lovewithoutboundries.com is expensive, $60, but well worth the money as a large portion of the proceeds will go directly toward helping the children who remain in Chinese orphanages. I am proud to say that I contributed to this book with a written memoir of my adoption first adoption experience as well as the last book with a photograph near the song my friend wrote for Big Sister. I'd love to tell you the exact page, but for the sake of protecting the privacy of my children, I cannot post it here. However, if you have the book, please email me and I will tell you the exact page to look on.

Once again, I am so deeply touched by this second edition that I plan to post a few snippets from the book on my blog every now and then, hoping to inspire readers to purchase the book themselves. What better way to make a donation to the orphans remaining in China? How often do you receive something in return for a donation? It's the perfect choice!

Here is a letter written by one of the foster mothers which appears in the book:


"You are an especially good girl, my precious one. Ayi's heart is so warmed by the fact that you have found a home and parents. Wishing you happiness as you grow up. Your Ayi who will always miss you."

4 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

I love LWB. Did you get the email about their webist being virused? SO sad someone woudl do such a thing. SO sad for the children. It is a beautiful book I agree well worth every penny.

Anonymous said...

I purchased the first book, but not the newest one. Congratulations on getting published.

Mary

Wendy said...

I hope to check it out soon. Thanks.

Heather said...

Oh how I love LWB - how special and tender to have a piece of your history preserved in the pages of that special book.

Blessings,
Heather