Saturday, January 5, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!


There is something invigorating about ringing in the New Year. It's almost like receiving a gift, a second chance for personal and professional renewal, a chance to get things right! This past year was a mixture of happiness and difficulty for me. It was the year that I watched my oldest child blossom from toddler to preschooler, the first stage of growing up. After a grueling two year wait, I finally brought home my second daughter, discovering that she had suffered trauma in the orphanage and has some attachment issues. In 2007, I also had to put my beloved feline to sleep. He was 15 years-old and suffered from kidney disease. Although he was extremely sick and rapidly losing weight, it was a difficult task saying goodbye to my first 'baby' and such a beautiful, loving soul. The worst part of the year came this fall when 'DH' accounced that he found something more interesting than his family in California.

What can I say, it was a tough year, but as a wise person once told me to move forward, we must learn something. Here are the lessons I learned in 2007:


1) It is impossible to say goodbye to someone we love when they die.

2) Raising two children is harder than one.

3) Motivation can move mountains.

4) Never leave the house without snacks, a sippy cup, diapers and wipes.

5) No two children are the same.

6) Loving our children makes us stronger.

7) A good babysitter is worth her weight in gold.

8) We live by God's timing. He decides WHEN!

9) Spending time with a good friend is priceless!

10) Life is about the journey, not the destination!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to learn that you are going through a difficult time. May 2008
be a better year!


Mary

Jodee said...

It sounds like 2007 was a rough year for you. I hope 2008 is much better. Hang in there! I love your list.

Heather said...

Wow, some really crucial lessons...wishing you a 2008 filled with joy and peace.

Heather

KrayonKel said...

What terrific lessons! I may have to do this on my blog. :)