Thursday, August 2, 2007

Why I started this blog?

As a mother of two young children adopted from China, I often find myself in moments of solitary reflection, pondering life. I look at my children and just see my kids, the little people who fill up my days with love, laughter and sticky fingers. When we are inside our own protective bubble known as 'home,' the world is safe and lovely, but sometimes when we are out in public, the bubble is shattered and invaders ask rude questions or simply stare at my children and I as though we are spectacles to observe under a microscope. I wanted a safe place to vent my feelings, pose questions and gather input from other adoptive and non-adoptive families. This is my realm. Welcome!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Hi Ashley

I'd love to know how you became an adoptive mom...what is your God story of adoption?

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
*waiting on a Guatemalan adoption