Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Potty Progress


Yesterday, I sent a note to Little Sister's daycare asking if she could wear big girl panties on Fridays. Her teachers sent me a nice note, telling me that wearing big girl panties only one day a week is too confusing for a child, but if I feel she is ready to wear them, they will happily assist me. Last night, I talked it over with Little Sister, asking her if she would like to wear big girl panties all the time. She jumped up and down, and yelled, "Yes, now!" So, after her bath, she wore them around the house until bedtime. Today, I am sending her to school for the first time in big girl panties. After nearly 8 months of potty training, I think we are ready for this next step. Wish us luck!

PS. Thanks to all who wrote me about ear tubes, and home remedies. I am going to speak with our pediatrician in two weeks. I truly appreciate all of your kind words and good advice. Ashley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! LS has a darling little smile!

Briana's Mom said...

Briana just got her first ear infection. Ick. I hope she doesn't get another one! Good luck with the pediatrician.

Yay on the potty training!

Kim said...

How exciting! Hope all goes well today!

RamblingMother said...

what a big girl. hope she is successful!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Praying she does well. A great sign is that she is excited and wants to wear them!

I only have Emma Jane left and we are done....she is not even close though. The other day I put some panties on her and asked her a billion gazillion times if she needed to go potty. I went to get some water and came back and she was standing in her room and had done both things all over herself and didn't even notice! Sigh.