Having been raised in the Eastern states of New York and Pennslvania, I thought I knew what cold weather was like, but now I know better. Over the last year, I have made the following observations about Chicagoland in the winter months:
1) Winter starts early and ends late.
2) It takes a blizzard for businesses and schools to close early.
3) There is no such thing as a delayed school day.
4) We are currently experiencing a deep freeze.
5) 40 degree days feel like Heaven.
6) Now, I know why Illinois is the land of Starbucks. Hot drinks warm the soul!