Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Nutcracker





Last weekend, as an early Christmas gift, I took my six-year-old daughter to see The Nutcracker. Like me, she was mesmerized by the engaging music, beautiful costumes, and stunning dance performances. The performance was given by the North Shore Dance Company, and held at a nearby high school. We arrived a few minutes late, literally moments before the show started which turned out to be a blessing in disguise because instead of the seats we were assigned, way in the back, they let us sit in the box row, near the stages where we could see every move clearly. It was nothing short of magical. I can't wait until Little Sister is old enough to join us. Then, we will go and relieve the magic once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to take Jane! She LOVES dancing. Box SEATS :)!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a special evening, I am certain it will be a favorite childhood memory for your little sweeting.

AK Mom said...

Sounds like you had a great time. By the way, I love the pic of LS in the bubble truck.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

The Nutcracker is an amazing performance to take little girls to. Our friends have 4 daughters who perform here at our annual Nutcracker. The oldest has been the Sugar Plum fairy for the past two seasons. She is elegant and so graceful. It is such a joy to watch the little girls come all dressed up and to watch them as they watch the performances. Simply so cute!

xo
Becky