Saturday, September 6, 2008

Childcare Update

When Plan A and B don't work out, what do you do? You switch to Plan C of course. That's where I am now. I have found it to be extremely difficult to hire a full-time nanny. The majority of potentials that I spoke to want a lot of money to watch your kids. Their fee can range anywhere from $10 - $25 per hour, depending upon your neighborhood, their experience, and the number of children you have. The other issue is trust. Can you truly trust someone who isn't a friend or relative to be alone for 9-10 hours a day with your children? It's not easy which is why I have decided to send my kids to Montessori. Big Sister will attend Montessori after kindergarten at her elementary school, and Little Sister will go there from 9-4 each day. I have hired a full-time, early-morning nanny to get the kids dressed and ready for their day. She will give them breakfast and take one to her bus stop, and the other to daycare. Even better, this nanny already works for my sister from 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. M-F. I am feeling much better this weekend. Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have a plan that is working out and that you are comfortable with!

mommy24treasures said...

good for you for continuing to find the right solution. I pray this one is it! Sorry for the troubles the past week.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Good to hear things are getting straightened out for you and your kiddos. I hope this situation works out for all of you.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh...this is wonderful news! I think she will love Montessori!

Jennifer said...

I've just discovered your blog, and it's been so inspiring as my husband and I are just starting our adoption adventure. Good luck on the childcare issue, it's not easy - but I've heard really good things about Montessori.

Diane said...

I came on over to check out your girls- what Cuties! Sorry to read your childcare struggles- there is nothing more stressfull than sitter-trouble. hope it all works out for you.

alisonwonderland said...

glad that you're feeling better about things. is it going well this week? hang in there!

Jeff and Amy said...

Sooooooo, glad to hear things are going better this week :)

Alex Elliot said...

That sounds like a really good plan. I haven't talked to you in so long! Did you find a teaching job?