Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hummingbirds and Faith

When we adopt our child, the painful memories of waiting seem to melt away like snow basking in the sun. Life becomes busy. Responsibilities change, and our patience is tested in a new way. In my October LID group, there is still one couple who have not yet received their baby. After all this time, they are still in the waiting phase due to a complication with their paperwork. Theresa (not her real name) has sat back and watched members of our group joyfully announce their referrals, share baby pictures and travel plans, post Gotcha Day videos, and even complain about the hardships of being a new mother. She has done all of this with grace, but she is suffering. Her arms are still empty. Another member of our group posted this beautiful psalm offering Theresa courage. I thought it was perfect and wanted to share it with all of my readers who may also still be waiting. Where does the hummingbird come into play? It doesn't really. Only that they are one of my favorite birds, delicate and extraordinary gifts from God. I want to tell Theresa that God will grant her wish. He's listening.


"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things yet unseen."
Hebrews 11:1

4 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Reading this made my heart sink for Theresa......
If the wait is not difficult enough, this is like adding insult to injury! Hoping she has her child in her arms very soon!

Big and Little Sister are so cute!

Thanks for visiting my blog....I will be checking back soon!

Lisa

RamblingMother said...

Give Teresa my support too. Love the post and hummingbirds are my mom's fav too.

Jeff and Amy said...

How my heart breaks for her, it is so evident that only through her faith has she been able move ahead and know in her heart that God is faithful. Such a beautiful scripture and the picture is just amazing.

Deb said...

Thanks Ashley I needed to see that today.
Have a great weekend.
Bless you