Monday, May 5, 2008

Rummage Sale

Over the weekend, my daughters and I went to the annual rummage sale in Lake Forest, Illinois. By the time we got there, around 9:30, it was jam-packed with wall to wall people. I'm not even sure how I was able to navigate my two little girls in and around the sale items or people. Believe it or not, we walked away with five bags of clothing and toys. My best finds were the following items: Baby Gap sweaters for Big Sister, an Ann Taylor vest for me and a little school bus for the girls that converts into a classroom. They loved it! Big Sister also loved the sheer "princess" bathrobe that I purchased for a dollar. It was supposed to be for her dress-up box, but she hasn't taken it off since. If you love to shop, but need to stay on a budget, check your local newspaper for upcoming rummage, garage or yard sales. You can walk away with incredible finds.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this season of good deals! Lots of garage sales here. I will ahve to look for rummage sales too!

mommy24treasures said...

It is so great to find good deals!

Anonymous said...

I am the owner of Posh Tots Resale and we will be holding an upscale children's consignment sale on August 23rd at the Libertyville Sports Complex. Tons of Gymboree, Janie & Jack, Hanna Andersson etc. You will LOVE our sale!!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you did not attend the Posh Tots Resale Event hosted by Tom and Janice Smith of Wauconda, Illinois. They did not pay any of their consignors for their October sale at Harper College. In addition, they have kept the consignors items. Be sure that you find reputable sales--and there are plenty out there. Just not this one.

Anonymous said...

please also contact the Illinois Atty General and begin Civil Court proceedings to retrieve your money and items, as the Smith's no longer seem to have any contact and have not done a thing on their own to get these things to the people they belong to.

Anonymous said...

Terrifying to think that you were personally contacted on your lovely blog by a thief. JANICE SMITH of Wauconda, Illinois. She, along with her husband Tom, robbed consignors out of THOUSANDS of dollars. They are PREDATORS of innocent people.

Anonymous said...

Unbeliveable !!! Posh Tots resale is having an other sale !! We still haven't gotten paid from the last one in October at Harper !!! I haven't gotten the unsold items back !!! If you are involved in this upcoming sale in August at Libertyville Sports Complex RUN !!

Anonymous said...

anyone looking to join a suit aganst post tots please contact me at divarock@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. I realize this is a long overdue bit of info, but if anyone needs contact info for purposes of "expressing your feelings about your experience" shall we say, to these two thieving, self-absorbed, liars, my friend works in school registration and provided they currently live in Lisle Illinois at 6643 Grenoble Ct. and the home number is 630 946-5848. Just want to help as I was f-ed over as well and it's NOT FAIR

Anonymous said...

How is it possible that this can happen? Has anyone filed a lawsuit against The Smiths? I can't believe anyone would steal from consignors!
What a shame!

There is a different Posh Tots now, (I guess no relation) in Arlington Heights. Two Greek moms started it. Not sure why they would pick the same name as the fraud sale. I shopped there twice and got some really nice things for my grandchildren