Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday's Reflection: An adoptive mother's poem


The following poem was written by Lori Dubbs (January 29, 2000) and appears in Love's Journey 2: The Read Thread.

This Child of Mine

I see her first smile in the morning.
I kiss her goodnight.

I hear her laughter
and dry her tears.

I feel her joy and her pain,
and hug and hold her to calm her fears.

I sleep near her at night
when she is sick.

I share with her the wonder of books and music,
and the world around us.

I watch her learn,
explore and grow.

I hold her tiny hands in mine,
and marvel at the love and trust in her eyes.

I learn from her about life,
and the depth of a mother's love for her child.

I thank Him for this most precious gift.

I love her more than mere words can express,
and treasure the bond between us.

For I am her mother,
this child of mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, straight to a mother's heart!~