Friday, March 21, 2008

A tender moment. . .

One night last week, my youngest daughter, woke up crying in her sleep. I didn't hear her which is unusual because motherhood has given me a very keen sense of hearing. For whatever reason, I didn't hear her cry, but her big sister, who shares a room with her did. I know this because the next morning, she conveyed the whole story to me quite eloquently.

"Mei-Mei woke up crying last night. It woke me up. I went over to her crib and patted her head. She stopped crying and looked at me. Then, she stood up and patted my arm. After a few minutes, I told her that I was very tired and needed to go back to bed. She laid down and we both went to sleep."

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Precious!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love it! This post has made my morning!

Mammarazzi Madness said...

That is lovely !
She is lucky to have such a great sister :)
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Big sister sounds like she is a nurturer. How sweet she is!

I hope you have a fabulous Easter with both of your little ones!