Thursday, March 27, 2008

$15 worth of happiness

A few weeks ago, my sister shared one of her best kept secrets, a fabulous nail salon located near her house that gives $15 manicures. Yesterday, I went for my second one. Having been a stay-at-home mom for three years was wonderful for my children, but horrible on my nails which have become incredibly brittle. Ridges belong in the ocean, not on my fingernails! They look just awful! My dermatologist recommended that I take Appearex, a biotin supplement, and start getting regular manicures to strengthen the nails. It's only been a few weeks, but my nails are starting to strengthen. Through my chipped nail saga, I was happy to find my little inexpensive nail salon where I can relax without the kids for a few minutes whenever I need a break.

No comments: