Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Vintage TV for the holidays

It's that time of year again! Time to break open the popcorn, hot cocoa and fresh bag of mini marshmallows. Time to sit down with your children and watch some of the classic tot TV Christmas shows from yesteryear. I love to watch my children enjoy the same holiday stories that I grew up with. I also love having them watch vintage TV, knowing that despite the changing times, some things do remain the same.

Big Sister (BS) has been watching some of these shows every year for the past two years, but each year she seems to enjoy them even more. Little Sister (LS) is still in the phase of only half watching television, but I know in time, she will come to love these memorable characters as much as her sister and I do.

Three of our favorite holiday cartoons are:



Charlie Brown's Christmas



Frost the Snowman and Frosty Returns




Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

*Never forget Rudolph!

1 comment:

mommy24treasures said...

oh these are our favs too!!! I love how CB tells the true meaning of Chrimstmas!