Thursday, November 15, 2007

Love Letter to My Daughter

Dear Little One,

I am sorry for all your early losses, the biological family who tried for two months to keep you, but couldn't, the time you spent in the understaffed, inadequate orphanage, hungry and unloved, and mostly for the fact, that I couldn't come sooner to be your mommy and spare you all the pain you endured.

The good news is that you are home now, safe and loved! Never again will you face loneliness or hunger. You have a large, extended (American) family who loves you. We are here to take care of you. We will help you all we can. In time, you are going to be the happiest of little girls.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

yes she is going to flourish. I am a firm believer in love conquers all.
I often look at Jacob and Caitlyn and think of there times alone in the orphanage. They both remember...No matter how young they were, they remember.

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to have eachother! What a beautiful letter. I knew LS would do great because you are her mommy. It is wonderful to hear how ahe is doing!